January 27, 2001
Well, this Superbowl is going to be a doozy.
1) I hate the Giants. They beat the Eagles. 'nuff said.
2) My tv is malfunctioning for what has to be the 3rd or 4th time; everything is either tinted green or purple.
3) Band wagon fans annoy me.
4) Who in their right mind would pay $5/pound for hot wings, when you can buy chicken legs for $0.39/pound and add your own sauce? Sure, it isn't a wing, but when you get down to it, size/shape doesn't matter that much, does it?
5) CBS has the worst NFL coverage. Fox, Abc, ESPN are better by far.
6) Commercials are usually funny/creative, etc... but I'd rather watch the game.
7) End of game interviews.
Clueless Reporter: "What's it like to be "world" champion?"
Interviewee: "Actually, I wish I had lost. Ya know, winning is overrated. Somebody else want the money and the ring? Anybody?"
Clueless Reporter: "I offer my condolences, but how does it feel to lose?"
Interviewee: "Great! Now people won't expect so much from me anymore, I still get a paycheck, and I don't have to say that damned "I'm going to Disney World!!" line."
8) Why is the winning team called the "World Champions" anyway?
Do teams from all over the world compete in this league? I don't think so.
Sure, there is NFL Europe, but that takes place at a different time.
Anyway, Final prediction:
Ravens 13, Giants 0.
Collins gets sacked in the endzone 5 times for safeties, and Stover kicks a field goal. Worst superbowl rating in history; bandwagon fans stop caring.
I can dream, can't I?
Posted by bard at January 27, 2001 09:58 PM
Due to the proliferation of comment spam, we've had to close comments on this entry. If you would like to leave a comment, please use one of our more recent entries which you can find on the home page.