Thanks for everything, kitty.
You were such a sweet cat gifted with an incredible fighting spirit.
I will love you always, Tammy.
Cars, Bikes, and Assholes
If you are in a car, DO NOT FUCKING MESS WITH PEOPLE ON BIKES! You trying to get them injured or killed or something?
DO NOT THROW ANYTHING AT THEM.
DO NOT DRIVE REAL CLOSE TO THEM AND YELL ANYTHING AT THEM.
PASS SAFELY FOR FUCKS SAKE.
It struck me recently that my two friends and I are visionaries. We began blogging (sporadically) back in 2000. We were before "Hot Or Not," before Facebook, way the heck before Twitter. People were still using Usenet back then . . . when this blog was started we were all on dial-up. Nobody had even heard of the term "social networking." Blogger and LiveJournal preceded us, but "blogging" was not cool yet.
Not that we ever cared about being cool. This site started out with Bard saying, "We should do a project" and he said we should call it three-headed monster. He suggested we use SlashCode (/. has been around forever). We used Greymatter, which is not around anymore (though Noah Grey was one of the first great bloggers, before Darren Rowse and maybe even Wil Wheaton, though he is credited with inventing blogging). We survived that silly kid who had the "blogsphere" (we didn't call it that then) convinced she was dying of cancer and got an outpouring of gifts and affection (her name will come to me).
So, three headed monster, even though we always sucked on consistency, pat yourself on the back for being on the frontier of new trends (and still be friends years later).
"Everybody deserves a second chance"... that's what people always say.
Sure, Michael Vick has done his jail time, is apparently working with the Humane Society, etc -- but that doesn't mean I want him on the Eagles.
Eh, I'll spare the invectives.
Happy First Day of E3!!!!!
Yep, it's day 1 of E3 and I'm excited as all hell. Microsoft's conference starts at 1:25pm EST and I will be glued to IGN's live feed while sharing the news via AIM as I said previously. This is an exciting time indeed.
I love E3...
THERE IS NO FEAR IN THIS DOJO!
So who out there is excited for E3 this year? I'll be glued to my computer for three days watching the webcasts and updating my friends who can't watch via AIM, I'm sure.
I will go next year. This, I vow...
Pronto Pass - NABPLEX Study Materials
Is anyone studying for the National Boards of Pharmacy exam? I was in your shoes last year (and I scored a 117). I picked up quite a few study guides including the very expensive Pronto Pass cards. What did I think of them? Read on.
OK, so I'm driving behind a Jeep in the middle of the afternoon, and I realize that at this instant, I don't like them much. Sure, they're fun to ride in and no, the driver of said Jeep wasn't an idiot -- actually seemed reasonably competent.
My issue was with the glare that the plastic windows reflect. Normal glass doesn't do that, damnit.
That is all.
I just e-mailed my future self -- www.futureme.org -- and will see what becomes of it.
It was short, and to the point, which I probably needed. Heh.
A Letter to Fox
I was quite disappointed in your episode of House last night. That whole House/Cameron tongue battling crap was horrible and it caused me to throw up a little in the back of my mouth and then swallow it. I realize that the idea of an almost 50 year old drug addict pervert getting it on with a retarded little pissant 20+ years his junior titillates some sick viewers, but should you pursue this story line, it will ruin the show. Seriously, it's a very bad idea.
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for House rocking the gurney, but at least have the decency of hooking him up with Cuddy or someone equally as non-weenus like. Cameron is just a useless, annoying, self-righteous, whiney little bitch and the show can easily do without her. She ain't even remotely cute or breasted. You already have Wilson who is practically the same character, just not as annoying. Killing Cameron off would be a good plan. She can commit suicide after finding out Chase knocked her up. The ratings would skyrocket and then you can finally hook him up with someone decent.
Have a heart. At least give him someone with big knockers.
Thank you for your time,
P.S. If you could have an episode where House kills Rachel Ray on the table, that would be cool. It would easily win best episode ever.
"Yes, I'm gonna be a star..."
So, for the past few months, I, much like many other pop drinking geeks, have been collecting Coke codes to submit on MyCokeRewards.com for fabulous prizes and material happiness. I've done ok so far on my own, but I have come to the realization that there are many people out there who drink Coke products that just toss out those codes. As such, I have decided I can make your life easier and more fulfilling by accepting Coke code donations from all of you lovely people out there. Just send your unused codes to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Together, we can make the world a better place for everybody...or you might be able to get me a spot on a crappy tv show where you can make fun of me and stuff. Either way, good times, good times...
P.S. I want to get on House...er, the show, not the character...although, heh heh heh...
I keep thinking of things I want to write but am not feeling humorous enough to write them in a fun way so, here is the run down:
- Nintendo Wii - Rocks! I think this was a great move on Nintendo's part and I'm glad to see them kicking Sony's hiney. Zelda is great and I think the "haters" haven't really realized the whole point of the system. I haven't read one negative Zelda review that convinced me the person was giving the system a full chance but I could be wrong, and LadyX wants to throw a Wiimote at my eye for saying such nice things about the Wii. Posting the photo to wiihaveaproblem.com would make it worth it.
- School - Sucks! Just kidding but I did get finished with my last really hard internship and it wasn't bad. Thankfully, I'm in civilization for the rest of them. The whiny post about me failing was premature. I didn't fail and I learned a lot. I could go on about that experience, but maybe it should wait until I get my degree.
- Rachel Ray - I only bring her up because she was talked about on a board I visit and they proclaimed she was perky, cooked healthy dishes and was easy on the eyes. Apparently her stellar [cough] performance on Iron Chef America made a lot of people realize she's a great chef. I just have to say she's perky like a crack addict, her dishes are loaded with oil and maybe I really don't know what men like if she's easy on the eyes. As for her ICA appearance, I think it made it obvious she wasn't a chef. She didn't have the knife skills. She didn't have the pacing or timing of a real chef. I digress. This isn't a Rachel Ray blog I suppose.
- Raon Vega - I got a new Raon Vega UMPC. It rocks. I foresee health care professionals using UMPCs as opposed to PDAs in the future when the market get fleshed out (if it ever does). They have a lot of potential but right now they do have a lot of flaws.
- Bobby Flay - He's still a moron. Just had to add that.
I never thought it was possible...
But I actually managed to find a job that makes being elbow-deep in deep fryer fat working in a fast food joint look more fun, entertaining, and rewarding.
A Nugget of Wisdom to everyone out there: never, *EVER* work for an answering service (at least not the one I currently work for while I try to get a real job). It is the most bullshit, petty, illogical, and just plain retarded place to work on this planet. Any place that has people who actually believe that taking literally two seconds out of your "busy" schedule of staring at a goddamn blank computer screen while waiting for a fucking phone call to brush your hair so you're not yanking it out whenever you remove your headset is inappropriate is seriously pathetic and not worth the sanity you waste by being there.
God, I hate my job and I really can't wait to quit.
So, it's about that time for LadyX to load up the car and go head to a concert. I want to go see Twisted Sister on their Christmas tour. I think that'd be a freaking blast, but they're not coming anywhere near enough to me to warrant the drive. Bah...I realize it sucks where I live, but that doesn't mean I should suffer just because I'm temporarily stuck here. C'mon, bands! I need me some entertainment, too!